In our last blog we discussed several common misconceptions about microdermabrasion in Fort Collins. We hear quite a lot of myths from our patients and we want to make sure that you can make an informed decision should you decide microdermabrasion is right for you.
Today we’re tackling a few more falsehoods concerning microdermabrasion so that you can know the truth.
- It requires a lot of downtime. They don’t call microdermabrasion a “lunch time treatment” for nothing. You should be able to go back to what you were doing (i.e. work) right after leaving your treatment. Your skin may look pink, but hey, you can pass that off as a healthy “glow” and you’ll be back to normal in 24 hours or less.
- Those with darker skin can’t get microdermabrasion. Think you can’t book an appointment because you don’t have fair skin? Think again. Microdermabrasion is effective on all skin types and colors.
- It’s no more effective than a scrub. While store shelves are full of tubes and jars containing exfoliating scrubs, they don’t hold a candle to the real deal. Unlike what you pick up at your local drug store or cosmetics counter, microdermabrasion is effective at improving and reducing fine lines, age spots or brown spots, and other superficial skin blemishes.
- It takes a while to see results. Forget multiple treatments and weeks (or months) of waiting time. Immediately following a microdermabrasion session your skin will feel smoother and look brighter and more even toned.
- At-home kits are quicker and easier. Like scrubs and exfoliating products, at-home microdermabrasion kits are a common site on store shelves. Although they may be helpful in some cases, trust us when we say there is no substitute for the real thing.